Stone Hill Church of Princeton was started as Westerly Road Church in 1956, by a group of people with the desire to see the gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed in Princeton. The original structure was a pre-fabricated church, brought in by rail. Originally designed to seat 100 congregants, the building was sustaining more than 500 by the 2013 relocation to 1025 Bunn Drive.
From its inception, the church has had a strong commitment to the Princeton community (and especially the students at Princeton University) and to global missions. The church has only had three senior pastors since its founding. Stone Hill's current Senior Pastor is Matt Ristuccia, who is a Princeton graduate who later served on campus with Princeton Christian Fellowship, and has been serving as Senior Pastor since 1985. The founding commitments of the church to the ministry of the gospel and global missions continue to define our community at Stone Hill.
Westerly Road Church, Circa 2006: Stone Hill Church, 2013: