A Family of Families
Our children's programs are designed to work alongside you, to guide your children into a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ and his church. We are keenly aware that spiritual life is a heart-transforming work accomplished only by God's Spirit. Every ministry is centered in that truth and we look to God to use us to call a new generation of disciples to come and follow Him. We understand that children are disciples-in-the-making.
We are not just interested in your children. We want to help you lovingly and confidently model God's parenting. If you are feeling overwhelmed in your responsibilities, underequipped to teach and disciple, or just want to connect with other parents for help, advice and fellowship, get in touch with us.
Camp will be July 9-13, 2018. Campers can attend part day (free), from 9am to 2pm or full day (per diem rates), from 9am to 5pm. Registration is open! Register your camper here: Camper Registration
Want to volunteer for Camp this year? We'd love to have you on the Crew! Sign up here: Camp 2018 Volunteer Sign Up
We believe that even young children can understand and participate in worship. Children's Sunday School meets during the 9:30 service. During the 11:10 service, children aged 4 through Grade 3 sit with their parents until the offering; those that do not wish to stay for the sermon then proceed to Children's Church. Here, in a child-friendly environment, children meet and worship God through songs, prayer and Bible stories. They are encouraged to have their own experience where faith can be nurtured and where they are prepared to join in the full life of the Stone Hill Church of Princeton congregation.
What's my child learning at Sunday school?
Age 1 – 2 ½: Children are introduced to Bible stories. We cover one Bible story each month. Some of the key themes are God as Creator, God as Protector, God’s great love, and God is powerful.
Age 2 ½ -3: The 2 1/2 - 3 year-old class will be covering the following this year:
Fall - Samuel (prayer & obedience) and God's house (giving & service)
Winter - Jesus 's life (baby, growing boy, and adult),
Spring - Easter stories & gratitude
Summer - Moses stories & various Bible helpers-Scripture Press curriculum
PreK: Children will learn the key stories of the Bible. Songs, playtime, and snack.
Kindergarten & 1st Grade: Six units this year use Scripture stories to help children: Imagine Trusting God, Working for God, and Seeing Jesus Do Great Things (Dwell curriculum - see DwellCurriculum.org)
2nd Graders: This year your child will consider God's deep love, his creation, God's plan for redemption,and God's care. (Dwell curriculum - see DwellCurriculum.org)
3rd Graders: How Majestic is Your Name - Each week, your child will learn a new name given in the bible for God as a great window into God's character. (childrendesiringgod.org)
4th & 5th Graders: We are in Year 1 of our 2 year sequence. This year, your child will gain new understanding about...
...theology - yes, theology! What we think about God matters, so our 4-5 graders will be studying God as Father, who Jesus is, and more about the Holy Spirit. Between these units, they will begin to look at the big idea in each book of the Bible and what God's doing from Genesis all the way to Revelation. Sometime around late winter, the class will begin a study of Baptism and the Lord's Supper, which culminates in a Seder led by one of our elders. Don't miss this year!
Middle School Girls - After an earlier class of how to study the Bible, the Middle School girls now have a chance to use these lessons as they read and discuss the book of Acts. Come and share prayer and ideas, art and laughter.
Middle School Boys - The Gospel Project. The Gospel Project® is a chronological, Christ-centered Bible study for students that examines how all Scripture gives testimony to Jesus Christ. Over the course of the year, your child will begin a journey from Genesis and discover how God’s plan of redemption unfolds throughout Scripture and still today, compelling them to join the mission of God.
Senior High: What is distinctive about the character of Christ, and what it would look like to live a Christ-centered life? We are using the "Prime" curriculum from LifeBibleStudy.
CHILDREN'S CHURCH (11:30 a.m.)
During the 11:10am service, young children sit with their parents to worship together. At the offering, children ages 4 through Grade 3 are invited to Children's Church that meets in our 1st Grade classroom. Music, interactive storytelling, crafts, prayer. Parents pick up their children in the 1st Grade classroom when the service is ended.
AWANA is an international organization with over 8,000 clubs around the world, serving more than one million children. "AWANA" is an acronym for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, based on 2 Timothy 2:15: "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth." Designed to reach children for Christ and train them to know, love and serve Him, an Awana evening offers exciting games, age-appropriate Bible messages, and one-on-one help with scripture memorization.
- AWANA at Stone Hill frequently asked questions (.pdf)
- AWANA 2017-18 Registration Form.
- Dues/Gear Order Form. Download the Look Book here for descriptions and pictures of the uniforms, handbooks, etc.
Awana Events - 2017-18
Children age 3 through 8th Grade meet Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
- JANUARY 2018
- 24 Sparks & T&T Winter Contests
- 7 Beach Night!
- 28 Pinewood Derby Cars go on sale - $5./each. See the Pinewood Derby FAQ (.doc)
- 28 T&T Can-Do Contest Ends
- 14 and 21 Build Nights for Pinewood Derby
- 4 AWANA will meet to make up for missed Wednesdays in March - Final Pinewood Derby Build Night
- 6-7 - Pinewood Derby (rescheduled) - Check-In Night - 6:30 - 8:00pm and Saturday Races
- Saturday schedule
- 8:15 - 9:15 - Cubbies and Sparks weigh-in and registration
- 9:15 - 10:00 - Cubbies and Sparks Races
- 10:00 - 10:15 - Lower Division Awards
- 9:45 - 10:30 - T&T weigh-in and registration
- 10:15 - 10:30 - Coffee Break
- 10:30 - 11:15 - T&T Races
- 11:15 - 11:30 - Upper Division Awards
- Saturday schedule
- 18 & 25 Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head Contest
- 16 AWANA Store Night!
- 23 Final AWANA Night - Awards night
Racing Rules - Visit our Derby Car table. Rules will also be sent to all our AWANA parents
Our AWANA Clubs
- Cubbies: Ages 3&4 - First steps in following Jesus. The evening includes storytime, songs, puppet show, activities and beginning Bible verses.
- Sparks: Kindergarten through 2nd Grade - Exciting game time & meaningful talks about God. Small group Bible memorization. Caring leaders.
- T&T: Grades 3-6 - Help your child develop a love for God and His Word through age-appropriate talks, relationships with loving adults, and game time that's full of surprises.
- TREK/LiTs: If your child is older than 6th grade, we have the program for you! Our TREKers have their own study time and then go on to serve as Leaders-in-Training helping our Cubbies, Sparks & TnTers.
Awana and the Awana logo are Registered Trademarks of Awana Clubs International. Used by permission.
Stone Hill Learning Center
Stone Hill Learning Center (SHLC) offers academic support and enrichment programs for homeschooled students, Kindergarten through High School. Classes meet once a week for thirty-two weeks each year, from September through May. Students may choose to take one or more classes each week. SHLC is not a school, nor does it fulfill the NJ State requirement for a student’s schooling. Nevertheless, SHLC can provide one key component in a well-rounded education.
Regular SHLC classes are held at Stone Hill Church on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
For more information, visit the Stone Hill Learning Center website or contact Kim Torquato, Director at:609-924-3816 (x31).
Or visit us on facebook
Do be sure we know you are a Stone Hill Parent. There is no easy "how to" to walking in faith with your kids. But we might have several staff dedicated to encouraging and counseling parents and regularly send out announcements about classes and events.
If you want to do some reading, below are some books that have been recommended over the years:
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Instructing a Child’s Heart by Tedd & Margie Tripp
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp
- Big Truths for Young Hearts by Bruce Ware
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God by Marty Machowski
- Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Elyse Fitzpatrick
- Gospel-Powered Parenting: How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting by William P. Farley
- Disciple Like Jesus: For Parents by Alan Melton
- Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God by Voddie Baucham