First Sunday of Advent:
Jesus Christ is the fulfillment
of all God’s ancient promises!
“[Be] eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Eph.4:3
How beautiful it is when the church is a unified community, smoothly functioning as one body in encouraging, discipling, serving, and doing life alongside one another! And when technology can help us to do that well, let’s put it to work. I’ve asked Mary Ann Jones, Administrative Manager, and Doug Megill, Executive Director, to write about an important piece of technology that will advance our unity here at Stone Hill.
The Stone Hill Loop is a web-based system designed to help our church engage, empower, and encourage one another. It will have an extensive system for gathering and using information, plus online tools to build community and make it easy for you to connect into the life of our church. Leaders will have the tools they need to manage their particular ministries, and people will be able to interact, find ways to serve, and communicate within their small groups. You’ll be able to interactively join groups, register for events, volunteer to serve, communicate with other members, and keep your own personalized calendars. These tools should help us better advance God’s mission of making dedicated followers of Jesus Christ. Through our Loop site, you can:
- Communicate with staff and others
- View photos of groups and families—identify that person you talked to today but can’t remember her name.
- Share up-to-date contact information with leaders and friends—no waiting for the next update of the church directory.
- See your donations and download a giving statement.
- Easily track group activities and responsibilities from one central location.
Other exciting features include:
- Full access from any device. While the site’s features are password-protected and secure, you’ll be able to access it from home or your smartphone.
- There will be an improved check-in process for those attending our children’s ministries.
- Customized calendar based on your group membership, which will show events you’ve registered for, your groups’ events, and needs you’ve chosen to provide.
- The more complete your profile, the more you can identify opportunities to serve in the body.
- Tools for surveys and event registration with little assistance from the church office.
- Group leaders will be able to track attendance and maintain records on their groups.
I’m very excited about the potential of the Stone Hill Loop to help us more efficiently serve and connect with one another. Let’s join together in making this work!