Give the king your justice, O God,
and your righteousness to the royal son!
Only fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you. (1 Sam. 12:24)
Truly, the Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy! As I look back over 2015, I am so thankful for the many ways God has shown his faithfulness to us. Below are just a few of the big “God moments” of 2015: may this recounting encourage you as we remember how God has been at work in and through us here at Stone Hill!
- 12-hour united prayer: Dozens of Stone Hill folks gathered for an overnight vigil of prayer and worship in January, to bathe the year ahead in prayer.
- Haiti trip: Our team spent a week in Haiti serving with our partner church in Arcahaie and meeting Compassion children.
- Charleston: We sent a team to Charleston to pray and stand with Mother Emanuel AME Church in June. What an incredible way to stand and mourn with our brothers and sisters, and to proclaim the gospel in power in the midst of brokenness and tragedy.
- VBS: Over 180 children participated in this year’s VBS, including nearly 3 dozen children from underprivileged families being welcomed and funded at the last minute. What a joy to see children hearing the gospel and singing songs of praise to our God!
- “Blue Med” team: Our team of women met with, prayed for, and learned from women from the Middle East and North Africa, by running and participating in trauma healing workshops.
- 20 baptisms: In November, we had the joy of seeing 20 brothers and sisters baptized!