In his word, God has provided sure
and certain promises about the future.
Resources for Bible engagement and meditation
…his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.(Ps. 1:2–3)
In light of our year verse (Psalm 1:2–3), I thought I would provide the following resources on engaging with and meditating upon scripture.
- “Meditate on the Word of the Lord Day and Night,” a message on Psalm 1 by John Piper. http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/meditate-on-the-word-of-the-lord-day-and-night
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, Donald S. Whitney (NavPress, 2014)
- “Meditating on God’s Word,” an article by Justin Taylor for The Gospel Coalition. http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2009/01/01/meditating-on-gods-word/
- "A Bible-Infused Mind," an article by Angie Cheatham for Crossway. https://www.crossway.org/blog/2012/01/a-bible- infused-mind/
- The Bible Project, a website with many resources exploring the grand narrative of the Bible. https://www.jointhebibleproject.com
- Two audio Bible recommendations:
- “The Bible Experience,” featuring the voices of Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Eartha Kitt, Samuel L. Jackson, and many others. http://www.inspiredby.com/bibleexperience.shtml
- “The Word of Promise Audio Bible” (NKJV), featuring the voices of Jim Caviezel, Richard Dreyfuss, Marisa Tomei, Gary Sinise, and many others.http://www.thewordofpromise.com