Jesus was tempted but won; He is able to rescue us from our temptations.
Prayer for Pastors (part 3)
We are not sufficient in ourselves (2 Corinthians 3:5).
Here is the final installment on how to pray for our church’s spiritual leaders. We all face challenges in our vocations. But the church is a spiritual body with designated leaders, and I think it’s wise for us to pray for them. Satan prowls around like a roaring lion (1 Peter 5), and leaders make for strategic prey. And meanwhile, not one of us, including me, is sufficient in ourselves for gospel ministry (2 Corinthians 3:4-6). Though I’ve framed the requests with a pastor in mind, please make adjustments as you pray for other spiritual leaders at Stone Hill, including elders, volunteers, and ministry staff.
WEDNESDAY: I pray for my pastor as a PASTOR.
· I pray that as he leads, prays, counsels, visits, participates in meetings, and serves in a variety of daily acts of ministry, the Holy Spirit may encourage and comfort souls.
· I pray that he will emulate the strength, and compassion of the Good Shepherd toward our staff and leaders.
THURSDAY: I pray for my pastor as a PROPHET.
· I pray as he prepares his sermons. May the Word of God be fully revealed to his heart. May he wisely interpret, apply, and handle it in his preaching.
· I pray that the vision God has for our church will be clear to him and communicated well through him.
FRIDAY: I pray for my pastor as an EVANGELIST.
· I pray that God will deepen a heart for those without Christ. May God open doors and grant him courage to share the good news.
· I pray that God will use him to equip the church family to share the good news. May he help us do our part in making disciples of Jesus Christ in the Princeton area and around the world.
SATURDAY: I pray for my pastor as a DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST.
· I pray that he will discover new depths of understanding as a student of God’s Word.
· I pray that he may ever find a consistent balance between Word and deed as he follows Jesus daily.
· I pray that he may be an effective disciple maker, and when he stands before God one day, he will be found faithful.
Adult Ed: “Science and the Bible: Ways to Look at the Two Great Revelations of God”: Is led by Andy & Pat Bocarsly at 9:30 a.m. in Harris Hall. This will be the final class.
Adult Ed: “Jeremiah”: Is led by John Wilsey at 9:30 a.m. in the Library.
Sermon Series: 12 Stories of Jesus continues. This is part 3 of a 12 part series. Previous sermons can be listened to online from the Stone Hill Church website. Click on Sunday and then click Sermons. You may also hear them by downloading the Stone Hill Church app. Click on Sermons to listen.
It’s Not Too Late to Sign Up: to receive a devotion via email, on each of the days leading up to Easter, Monday through Saturday. To sign up complete the form on https://tinyurl.com/y8djr497 or email email@example.com.
Donations for Haiti: The Haiti team is collecting personal care items to take to Haiti during the March missions trip. For a full list of items, please pick up a donation list at the missions area. Other items not listed include specific ink cartridges and Spanish dictionaries. For details, contact Lara Holt firstname.lastname@example.org. Collection runs February 18 through March 4. Drop your donations off at the Missions Corner. Thank you!
Welcome Desk: We are seeking volunteers to help out at the welcome desk on Sundays. Please contact Jonathan Chun at email@example.com if you would like to serve.
2018 Women’s DayTreat: “Simply Jesus”: Focused simply, plainly, and completely on Jesus. Saturday, February 24th. 9 a.m.-3p.m in Harris Hall. $25. To register log onto www.stonehillprinceton.org.
Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser: The Haiti missions trip team is holding a pancake breakfast fundraiser on Sunday, February 25 in Harris Hall from 8 a.m.-9:15 a.m. Team members will serve you pancakes and sausages. A free-will donation will be requested at the door. All donations will go towards trip expenses. Bring your appetite!
Adult Ed: Christian Thinking and War: Will begin on February 25th and be led by Patrick Haley in the Adult Ed room at 9:30 a.m.
Stirring up the Gift of Hospitality Spring Edition: Starting March 4th, during the second service enjoy a 4 week workshop, in Harris Hall, covering such topics as decorating on a shoe string budget, flower arranging, reception planning, and special dinner menus. Everyone is welcome.
2018 Men's Retreat: Where: America’s Keswick; When: March 9-11, 2018; Theme: “You are the man!”; Topic: Relationships in the life of King David; Speakers: Brian Edgerly and Alex Kato; $140/person; Registration closes 3/7/18 ; To register log onto www.stonehillprinceton.org