We testify to the world: The God who called us from darkness to light is wonderful, excellent, marvelous!
New Youth Director: Please welcome Michael Sentance to Stone Hill Church as the Youth Director .
Adult Ed: A History of Biblical Interpretation: From the Early Church to the Reformation: This class broadly surveys the history of biblical interpretation from the early church to the Reformation, focusing on key figures and their methods of interpreting the Bible. This class will meet in the Library this Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and is led by Alyssa Evans.
Sufficient Grace: Is a support group that meets at the church on Monday nights from 7:30-9 p.m. The group shares scripture, utilizes discussion, and prayer to aid in the mental health journey. This is a great group to encourage one another in their walk, but is not intended to replace professional treatment.
One-on-One Discipleship: If you are newer in the faith or still searching you may want to request a mentor as part of our 1-to-1 Discipleship ministry. 1-to-1 Discipleship is designed for the mentors/mentees to meet for one hour each week while working through a curriculum. Through the 1-to-1 ministry you have the opportunity to share life and get your questions answered in a safe environment. If you are interested in being mentored please email Pastor Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be trained as a mentor please email Pastor Tracy as well. We will have training dates for mentors in August. Also, we are adding a Next Step curriculum to our 1-to-1 ministry. Training for that mentoring role will also take place in August as well.
The Koinonia Team: Will present 4 events this summer to help us dialogue more effectively concerning issues of race as a community of believers. We are presenting two movies with discussion to follow. And we will be having two book discussions as well. Light refreshments will be provided at all 4 events. We hope that you will attend at least one of these events this summer. We are already a multi-ethnic community and we want our church to be a place where these important issues can be discussed together.
· Sunday, July 1st at 6 p.m.: Movie & Discussion of the Black Panther
· Saturday, July 21 at 10 a.m.: Book Discussion of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
· Saturday, July 28 at 6 p.m.: Movie and Discussion of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
· Saturday, August 25th at 10am: Book Discussion of Divided by Faith by Christian Smith and Michael O. Emerson
Camp: Needs your help! Week of July 9-13. Please contact email@example.com if you can help.
Here are some important spots:
· 6 drivers needed each day at 4:30 p.m. to bring Johnson Park School kids to one of four central locations in Princeton for parent pickup. Must have car and good attitude.
· 6 people to cut out 60 fleece blankets (blankets are 4x5’) for our Care Station project for Acorn Glen Residents. Cutting will be done at Stone Hill before camp.
· Prayer support. Let us give you the first names of 10 kids coming to camp. You can pray for God to do a great work in their lives.
We are still looking for 6-8 more crew leaders. You must be 18+ in age and comfortable with kids. Let us know. To register log onto https://tinyurl.com/shccampvolunteer2018. Preschool program and childcare available for children of all who volunteer.
Café Volunteers: We all enjoy the wonderful coffee, tea, bagels and fellowship time in the atrium on Sunday mornings! We are looking for help this summer in the cafe in order to keep the bagels coming. Please consider joining our team. Many hands make light work! If interested please contact Grace Henrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stone Hill Brass: Is looking for interested brass players. If you are an experienced Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, or French Horn player we would love for you to contact us and see how you may fit in with our group. E-mail Wayne Mathisen at email@example.com or call 908-642-1306 and introduce yourself. We are looking forward to hearing from you.