Through the power of the resurrection, we have a new identity in Christ.
- What did Paul hear about the Ephesian believers from his prison cell?
- How would others know the same things are going on in your small group?
- When have you seen some of these things in your group already?
- Paul wants the believers to know three truths in vs. 18-19. What are they?
- How does the Christian view of hope compare to other views about hope?
- What’s one area in your life you wished you experienced more of God’s power? Why?
- How might the group help you in this area?
The Lion and the Lamb
He’s coming on the clouds
Kings and kingdoms will bow down
And every chain will break
As broken hearts declare His praise
For who can stop the Lord Almighty?
(Refrain) Our God is the Lion
The Lion of Judah
He’s roaring with power
And fighting our battles
And every knee will bow before Him
Our God is the Lamb
The Lamb that was slain
For the sins of the world
His blood breaks the chains
And every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb
Every knee will bow before Him
So open up the gates
Make way before the King of kings
The God who comes to save
Is here to set the captives free
For who can stop the Lord Almighty? (Refrain)
(Bridge) Who can stop the Lord Almighty? (3x)
Who can stop the Lord? (Refrain)
Brenton Brown | Brian Johnson | Leeland Mooring © 2015 Meaux Mercy CCLI License # 133639
O Praise the Name (Anástasis)
I cast my mind to Calvary
Where Jesus bled and died for me
I see His wounds, His hands, His feet
My Savior on that cursed tree
His body bound and drenched in tears
They laid Him down in Joseph’s tomb
The entrance sealed by heavy stone
Messiah still and all alone
(Refrain) Oh praise the Name of the Lord our God
Oh praise His Name forevermore
For endless days we will sing Your praise
O Lord, O Lord, our God
Then on the third at break of dawn
The Son of heaven rose again
O trampled death, where is your sting?
The angels roar for Christ the King (Refrain)
He shall return in robes of white
The blazing sun shall pierce the night
And I will rise among the saints
My gaze transfixed on Jesus’ face (Refrain)
Hastings | Ussher | Sampson © 2015 Hillsong Music Publishing CCLI License # 13363