Through the shed blood of Christ, we are now one body.
Sunday, November 1, 2020
Order of worship:
- What bad blood have you had with others in the past or in your current life situation?
- What makes it difficult to engage in a loving manner towards that person or group of people?
- How might the fact that people we have conflicts with are just as in need of God’s grace as we are impact your view of them?
- Should Christians always seek reconciliation with others or simply learn to forgive them?
- What would reconciliation with others look like with healthy boundaries in your situation?
- What role do Christians play in addressing the hostility that exists among groups in our society?
- What sins does the Church need to repent of to start the process of reconciliation with the world?
- Jews and Gentiles —religious and pagan people both played a part in Christ’s crucifixion and it is for both those groups he died. What does this mean about the scope of God’s love?
- Who would you like to love better this week?
- How can the group specifically pray for you to help you do that?
- What grace from the Holy Spirit would you need to do that?
- What might be the first step you can take to show that love?
- Discuss the phrase: “Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors” from the Lord’s Prayer. Then pray the Lord’s Prayer as a group.