Through the love of Christ, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Sunday, November 22, 2020
Order of worship:
- When Paul prays that we would be strengthened by the Spirit in our inner being, he is praying that our identity in Christ would be internalized in a deep and powerful way in us.
- How often do you pray those realities into your life or into the life of others?
- This seems to be a neglected part of our praying. Why do you think this may be true of our praying?
- When Paul prays that Christ would dwell in our hearts through faith, he is asking that Christ would be at home in every area of our lives.
- Which ‘room’ in your life is Christ not as welcome in?
- What area of your life do you struggle to let Christ dwell in?
- Paul prays that we may have strength to comprehend and experientially know the love of Christ in its fullness.
- Why is this a crucial part of walking with Christ?
- Some of our spiritual struggles are oriented around our lack of knowing how much Christ loves us. What are some of the struggles we have because we don’t know Christ love for us?
- Do you struggle to believe that God can answer your prayers?
- Do you have a sense that God can do even more than you ask or imagine?
- How often do you pray that the reputation of Christ be deepened and extended through the church?