Our new identity in Christ calls us to walk in His love and light.
Sunday, December 20, 2020
Order of worship:
- It is important to be rightly motivated as we become dedicated followers of Jesus Christ. Paul calls us to imitate God and walk in love. This is a high calling. But,the motivation for that effort is clearly grace. We are supposed to imitate God as beloved children and we are supposed to walk in love as Christ loved us.
- How do we keep a grace-motivation before us as we follow Christ?
- What, besides grace, typically motivates us?
- Paul calls us to live as light in the world. He calls us not to participate in the darkness of this world.
- What parts of the world tend to squeeze us into its mold?
- Paul challenges us to expose the darkness of the world.
- How can believers and the church do that?
- Paul then challenges the church to live in the light so that others would come to the light. (v.13-14)
- Do you have a sense that our living in the light can be a testimony to the world but that our failure to live fully in the light can harm the reputation of Christ?
- How can we learn to view our growth in the light or our struggles to live in the light have a larger impact than just in our own lives?