Jesus came as the perfect Suffering Servant.
Sunday, January 24, 2021
Order of worship:
- Does the understanding of the first century socio-economic system help you relate to this passage more effectively? Why or why not?
- Those who have less power are commanded to work with Christ being their ‘functional’ boss.
- How would this understanding change the way you work?
- How would this change the culture of an office?
- How does the hope of a future reward for faithful work help a less-powerful worker serve well in the workplace?
- How does one who has more power need to lead according to these verses?
- If both masters and slaves were accountable to God, how would this reality effect both masters and slaves?
- Remember that Paul has already leveled humanity at the foot of the cross.
- If the gospel was brought into the workplace more consistently, how would this deal with the injustices that infect every socio-economic system?