Director of Children's Ministry
Stone Hill Church of Princeton (SHC) seeks an Director of Children’s Ministry who is passionate about ministering to youth.
Serving as a member of the ministry staff, and under the general supervision of the Senior Pastor, the Director will seek to minister to and disciple the youth of the church and their families.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- A heart-felt commitment to God’s work in and through the local church
- A passion and call to disciple children
- A vital spiritual life and personal commitment to living out the Great Commission
- Eagerness to build positive relationships with children and families
- Eagerness and ability to resolve disputes and differences in a respectful manner
- Develops the context and format for spiritual formation and growth of children in the church at-large.
- Constructs, provides, oversees and teaches bible curriculum for children.
- Cooperates with other staff in providing resources, education and ministry to parents.
- Provides spiritual counsel to families as they spiritually lead their young children.
- Assists the pastoral staff in approaching family-sensitive issues
- Facilitates spiritual growth in children ministry workers.
- Promotes missions opportunities and projects sponsored by Stone Hill that reach children throughout the world.
- Maintains a vision of children’s ministries that reflects the priorities of the church mission statement and the Elder board.
- Regularly evaluates and assesses children’s ministries.
- Clearly communicates vision to congregation, ministry workers, and children.
- Manages all children’s events, activities and other related projects including but not limited to Sunday School, AWANA, Nursery, Children’s Church and Vacation Bible School.
- Recruits, supervises, trains and recognizes children’s ministry workers.
- Manages the financial and other resources (e.g. annual budget development, curriculum) of children’s ministries.
- Communicates ministry needs (e.g. prayer, volunteers) to the congregation at-large through pulpit announcements, bulletin announcements, other publications, email and/or phone calls.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Christian education, Bible, counseling or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree would be a plus.
- Experience working in a team environment with an ability to recruit, train, motivate and supervise volunteers.
- Commitment to interact with people in a godly, gracious and courteous manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong creative and administrative skills.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will report to the Senior Pastor or his designee who will provide appropriate supervision, guidance and mentoring. Further, the Director will report administratively to the Executive Director. The Director, like all other staff, is ultimately accountable to the Board of Elders. The Board of Elders may change reporting relationships at its discretion.
Director of Youth Ministry
Stone Hill Church of Princeton (SHC) seeks an Director of Youth Ministry who is passionate about ministering to youth.
Serving as a member of the pastoral team, and under the general supervision of the Senior Pastor, the Director will seek to minister to and disciple the youth of the church and their families.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Church Leadership and Administration
- Champions the doctrine and mission of SHC; regularly identifies and facilitates ways to advance the priorities of the church.
- Serves on the Pastoral Team, helping to provide overall direction for Stone Hill Church; assists the Elders and Senior Pastor in areas of training and giftedness as requested.
- Maintains regular office hours and availability for pastoral responsibilities; fulfills teaching responsibilities as required; maintains good communication, cooperation, and coordination with all staff and departments of the church; effectively executes administrative responsibilities in an organized and timely way.
- Includes prayer in his or her daily ministry schedule.
- Establishes and directs a ministry to both junior and senior high youth and their families that engages Great Commission priorities including evangelism, Biblical teaching, discipleship, integration into the overall life of the church, and equipping youth to share their faith effectively.
- Develops, conducts, and evaluates weekly, age-appropriate programs of teaching, worship, fellowship, and encouragement for believing junior and senior high youth.
- Creates inter-generational opportunities for the youth to serve in the broader church, and to be mentored by the broader church. Assists youth in discovering their spiritual gifts and the utilization of these in the body.
- Strategically engages with and disciples youth on a 1-on-1 basis.
- Recruits, cultivates, and disciples other adults who can in turn mentor/disciple youth and who can help with specific tasks in the ministry.
The Director shall report to the Senior Pastor or designee who will provide appropriate supervision, guidance, and mentoring and administratively to the Executive Director. Like all staff, this person is ultimately accountable to the Board of Elders. The Board of Elders may change reporting relationships at its discretion.
This position is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.