- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven and His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will personally return and set up His Kingdom wherein He will rule and reign in righteousness.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the blessedness of the saved and the retribution of the lost.
In response to God’s grace and truth in Jesus Christ, we hold the following commitments to be our central values:
- Commitment to the Bible: we believe the Bible is God's inspired Word to all people, and so we teach, preach, honor and obey the Scriptures.
• 2 Timothy 3:16: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..."
- Commitment to the gospel: we believe the gospel of Jesus Christ is God's true and only message of salvation for humanity, and so we share it actively and redemptively, through our words, deeds and relationships, both locally and around the world.
• See "True Spirituality"
• Romans 1:16: "I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes..."
- Commitment to Christ: we believe that Jesus Christ is God's one and only Son, and so we worship Him and seek to be like Him both individually and corporately.
• Colossians 1:18: "Jesus Christ is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy."
- Commitment to one another: we believe that Christ has called Christians into covenantal community with one another, and so we love, serve, care for and disciple one another.
• John 13:34: "Jesus said, A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another."
- Commitment to the core truths: we believe that the core truths of Christianity, as affirmed in the early creeds and reaffirmed in the Protestant creeds of the Reformation, define and unite us more deeply than any particular denominational distinctives, and so we guard our unity on essentials while maintaining a loving acceptance of others' views on less essential matters.
• See: "Being a Disciple" and our shared doctrinal statement.
Vision Statement: Good news: the living God has raised His Son, Jesus Christ, from the dead. He has given new life to His people, brought them together into a new community, His Church, and called them to bring His life-changing gospel to the world. In response to these gracious acts, we His people at Stone Hill welcome the Lordship of His Son and seek to honor Him as outlined in this vision statement To God alone be the glory for what He does through us!