Jesus Christ is our sure hope in a transient and fragile world.
God has blessed us,
so that his saving power may be known among all nations
(paraphrase of Psalm 67:1-2).
Blessed to be a blessing! That is our joy and calling in Jesus Christ. And one way that we can bless others is through generous giving to those facing poverty in all its forms, from the more commonly recognized health and food poverties to the often neglected gospel and Bible poverties.
Our Director of Global Outreach, Carine Toussaint, shares an inspiring report of the ways God has blessed others in 2013 through the generosity of you, the congregation at Stone Hill Church:
Blessed to be a blessing! During the final few months of 2013 we were able to shout shouts of joy over the amazing things God has done for us here at Stone Hill in Princeton. Equally exciting is that, by God’s grace, at the same time we did not fail to look beyond our doors in advancing the Great Commission. Toward the close of the year, the Mission Team of Stone Hill Church prayerfully, generously, and strategically made some monetary donations to our missionaries around the world. I hope you will rejoice with me, for God has blessed us so that we could bless our missionaries with the contributions below.
- $9,725 for Christmas gifts to those serving in our missionary family
- $1,000 contribution to Young Life to help with its Princeton start up
- $1,000 to the Lausanne Movement as a global church partner
- $1,500 towards relief work for Syrian refugees in Jordan
- $2,000 towards construction of a community center for Christian education in Papua
- $4,000 towards reliable transportation for a field worker in Asia
- $10,000 towards building a refugee center in Turkey
- $32,735 towards the church construction project in Arcahaie, Haiti
Thank you for your continued commitment to our heritage of being a missional church, advancing the kingdom of God in Princeton and all around the world!
I agree with Carine. Our name may be different, but our commitment to missions is as vital as ever!