Advancing God’s mission of serving and impacting our world through
Leading men towards authenticity in Christ
Shaping men into who God wants them to be &
Building men to help men move to the next level
Men's Retreat 2020
Retreats offer a unique opportunity to spend time actually getting to know other men in the church -- not just exchanging brief pleasantries over a bagel.
If you have never been to a men's retreat, here's what a typical weekend away looks like:
- Friday evening: dinner together, carpooling to Keswick, settling in; we'll often have a time of praise and a brief message, and some time to put our feet up and unwind from the week. Men who have to work late often hustle in later in the evening or early on Saturday.
- Saturday: meals together, several times of gathering for praise, a message and prayer; some breakout discussion, and several hours of actual free time without home obligations and responsibilities. Free time options often include pickup basketball and softball, hikes around the lake or into the woods, just shooting the breeze in comfy chairs, or faceplanting back into bed for a real nap without any kids jumping on the bed.
- Sunday morning: breakfast and praise, packing up, and then returning home by midday.
This year's speakers will be Ahmed Clark and Tone Bellamy of Transformation Church.
Cost for the weekend will be $145; early registration before April 1 will be $135. Reduced rates are available for those who need it.
Men’s small groups
Stone Hill has several groups for men meeting each week:
- Men's Focus meets biweekly on Saturday mornings at the church. Current study is on the visions of Ezekiel using a book by our very own Pastor Matt.
- Men's Morning Small Group: We get together on Tuesday mornings, from 7-8 AM, for breakfast at Thomas Sweets Montgomery.
- Men's Freedom Group meets on Friday nights. The Freedom Group is a support and encouragement group for men committed to a lifestyle of sexual integrity through the power of the gospel by addressing the lies of our sex-saturated society and it's impact on our hearts. We know that we need each other. Do you need a few brothers, who understand, to walk with you, confidentially in your struggle? Contact email@example.com to learn more.