Advancing God’s Mission of making dedicated followers of Jesus Christ in Princeton, the Northeast, and around the world.
- Know God and obey what Christ has commanded us.
- Love others in authentic community.
- Engage the world with the transforming power of the gospel.
- The Bible
The Bible is God’s inspired Word to all people, and so we teach, preach, honor, and obey the Scriptures. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- The Gospel
The gospel of Jesus Christ is God’s true and only message of salvation for humanity, and so we share it actively in all we do. (Romans 1:16)
Jesus Christ is God’s one and only Son, and so we worship Him and seek to be like Him both individually and corporately. (Colossians 1:18)
- One Another
Christ has called Christians into covenantal community with one another, and so we love, serve, care for, and disciple one another. (John 13:34)
- Core Truths
The core truths of Christianity, as affirmed in the early creeds and reaffirmed in the Protestant creeds of the Reformation, define and unite us more deeply than any particular denominational distinctives, and so we guard our unity on essentials while maintaining a loving acceptance of others’ views on less essential matters. (Ephesians 4:3-6)
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven and His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will personally return and set up His Kingdom wherein He will rule and reign in righteousness.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the blessedness of the saved and the retribution of the lost.