For all on-site gatherings, please note the following guidelines:
- All state/local guidelines for gatherings will be observed.
- Physical distancing is required for all events.
- Masks are recommended for outdoor events, and are required for outdoor singing and all indoor events.
- Children over the age of 2 are required to wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer and extra masks will be available for those who need them.
- We recommend "at-risk" congregants do not attend.
- Those who are sick or have had contact with anyone who is sick within the past two weeks should stay home.
- Childcare is not provided at this time, but we encourage families to come and worship together in the service.
- Congregational singing will not take place indoors at this time.
By signing up for or attending a service in person at Stone Hill Church, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present, and you are voluntarily assuming all related risks and agree not to hold Stone Hill Church, its officers, or agents liable for any illness or injury.
Indoor worship services are held every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. Live-streaming will be available on our YouTube channel starting at 9:30 a.m. for those who are not able or who feel uncomfortable joining us in-person at this time.
Weekly registration is required by Saturday night for capacity regulations. Capacity is limited to 150 people.
- At this time, all individuals will need to sign up separately.
- Why are sign-ups for indoor services currently necessary?
Weather permitting, we will hold a simple outdoor worship service on Sunday evenings at 5:00 p.m. In the case of inclement weather, the service will be moved indoors and we will notify you via our website and Facebook by 3 p.m. Only the first 150 individuals who register in advance will be permitted to enter the building.
Masks are recommended for this service, and required for singing.
Four volunteers are needed for set up (45 minutes before) and tear down (45 minutes after). Email Jim Erickson if you can help.
Sunday morning on-site services will be livestreamed on our YouTube channel and Facebook page weekly at 9:30 a.m. Most buffering issues can be avoided by using YouTube. Audio portions of the Sermons are also available on Mondays on our church website.
Please be patient with us as the process of reopening is complex and will most likely be adjusted as we move forward. There are no dates associated with when we take the next step in reopening and we cannot make accurate predictions or firm, detailed plans for the future. Your Stone Hill leadership team will continue to evaluate our reopening plans weekly and maintain open communication with the church family. Reopening will require wisdom, flexibility, and patience on the part of all involved.
A number of factors will contribute to the decisions of when we might move forward or backward with reopening which will include:
- The leading of the Holy Spirit among the leadership team at Stone Hill
- Federal gating criteria including the number and trajectory of COVID-19 cases and symptoms in our area and the capacity of the local hospitals in caring for COVID-19 cases
- State and local government regulations
- Comfort and safety of the Stone Hill congregation, which will be assessed by continuing to receive feedback from the congregation
- Logistics, including building safety, sanitation, and seating
- Resources to simultaneously accomplish in-person and virtual worship services
- The spiritual health of our church family
At each step along the way toward reopening, we will seek to balance the biblical mandate to gather (Hebrews 10:25), to submit to the governing authorities placed over us by God (Romans 13:1), and to love our neighbor (Mark 12:31) by providing for the safety of everyone as we resume gathering.